Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Kryptonite has nothin' on my kid!!!

We went to the pulmonologist today.  She is the one doctor all the others have been saying we need to see, so we were very lucky to take someone else's cancellation!  Her verdict....

He's fine! 

Remember in the last post I mentioned that it was weird to me that one blood gas showed such elevated numbers and only 2 hours later they were normal.  Well, if you take a blood sample through the arm (like his first test) the carbon dioxide numbers will always be high.  So his second test - via fingertip - is the right place to take this blood sample, and it was totally in range.

Why did he 'pass out' at the urgent care office and on the ride home and 3 times the next morning?  Her explanation was he didn't pass out, he was just exhausted.  Take a kiddo who has a sinus infection, and possibly strep, add to the fact that he isn't sleeping good and isn't wearing his CPAP mask through the night and you get a very tired kid.  He just needed the sleep.

So I'm not such a bad mom after all.  When I thought he was just sleeping, he was!  Ha!  I do know as much if not more than the docs!!!

No comments: