Sunday, October 28, 2012

Some pics




N got a haircut!!  The mullet is gone!  She looks so beautiful.  I will take more pics over the next few days to show it off.
 
 
And here's a few more pics of my Gracie Goo. OK a lot of pics of her!  She's sure finding her way into our hearts and family!  She sleeps in our room on her doggy bed and doesn't get out of bed until anywhere from 8 - 10 in the morning!  She's not a morning person!
 We found out she will be 6 in February!  That's old for a dane, but even if we only have her for a year, that's a year for us and hopefully a happy year for her.  We are her 2nd rescue - the people that just abandoned her this time had rescued her.  I don't get it!  But she's here now and happy - and so are we!!
Al and Grace
 

 What's wrong with this picture? 
 
Nothing until you see why she isn't on her bed!  Moose still rules the house, even with a dog 5x his size.  They get along great! No swats or fights at all!!  One time Grace tried to play with Moose and Moose just looked at her like, "Are you kidding me?"

 
Lady Grace!
 

Mo and Grace
N follows Grace everywhere!  And it's cute to see Grace 'tiptoe' around the kids.  She hasn't stepped on a kid once - not even by accident!
 
She goes EVERYWHERE with me.  We kinda like each other!  If she doesn't know where I am she freaks out a bit.  So I have found myself talking out loud throughout the house so she can find me!
 We went camping over Conference weekend and took Grace with us.  We actually only had her for a few days at this point.  Here she is hanging out with my niece B.  B is on HER dane's doggy bed.

 And look at this deer wearing hunter orange.  Wait!  That's Grace!  We didn't want anyone mistaking her for wild animals!
 
Is that enough pics of Grace for you?
 
OK.  What about a video!!  Moose is hiding in the box and Grace can't figure out why he's there.  I love her voice!!

 There's a story behind this picture; my dad wanted to sit in the hammock and relax a bit.  He just didn't center himself well enough.  We all watched him as he slowly but surely tipped backwards until he was on his head.  Then he looked over at us and said (in an old lady voice), "Help!"  Obviously, I was such a caring daughter I had to take a picture before we helped him, and I will admit I laughed till I cried for about half an hour.  It wasn't so much the slow motion falling as much as it was the weak-sauce "help" he managed to yelp. (That's Colby's dog Dex coming over to investigate)
 

And I love this picture of my Brutus tree - so named because Brutus ate it in half last summer and it survived.  This time of year is so beautiful to me and makes me grateful for all the beauty that surrounds us.  Happy Autumn everyone!



No comments: