Thursday, October 4, 2012

Meet Grace


This is my new love muffin.  Her name is Grace.  (She is a Great Dane)

I have been dog hungry for a few months now and have been trolling KSL's classifieds to find the perfect dog.  Grace is it!  Her first family abandoned her alone in their backyard when they moved and luckily her neighbor noticed and rescued her.  She was skinny, but obviously has been taken care of previous to this (she has been fixed, has had her rabies shots, has a chip...).  The neighbor called a friend who rescues Danes and between the two of them they took good care of her and agreed to let us be her new family.  She is beautiful and as mellow as can be!

I know this sounds crazy, but I love dogs; I love how they look at you with those soulful eyes like they are trying to tell you how much they love you with just a glance.  I love how excited they get when they see you.  I love how much they love life, and friends and family.  I love how they smell.  Yes, I really do love the smell of a dog.  It's earthy, natural. It's comforting to me. 

So Grace is our newest family member.  I already love her so much!  I think we will be great friends!

2 comments:

Colin and Ranie said...

She is beautiful! Love it. I am totally with you on everything, including theIr smell. So happy for you! She looks like she might be bigger than Max. He will love that! Let's plan a time soon! Congrats and a big welcome to Grace from us!

Mommason Hillary said...

I love to see your family grow! Lucky Dog - I love the Maughans - your hearts are huge!!