Friday, January 20, 2012

My goofy girls

Thought I would just share a few things about my little ladies! I love having these 2 around so much. I will admit, there are days that I think, "Seriously? Can I handle this?" For instance, they are going through the potty training routine... I've wiped enough butts these past few weeks that I'm sick of it!! I guess it doesn't help that I've always worked with children either potty training or in diapers, and of course Alex's J-Lo needs some added attention from me when the dooty has been done. Like I said, enough butts!!
N has returned since having heart surgery. And the girls are delighted! They are constantly wanting to hold her, touch her, take care of her. This is a picture of Oak 'feeding her pizza.' It was cute because Oak would make num-num noises and eventually N started doing them whenever something was placed by her mouth.

We make a lot of huts to play in while they are here. I have to laugh because I've been a mom for 25 years, a pre-school teacher for 30 years and I am just now figuring out the secret to making a hut! (Use a fitted sheet to wrap around the tops of chairs. It doesn't fall down!) But obviously the sheet I used this day needed a bit more Bounce in the dryer!
And then there's these special moments; Our neighbor the other day had a pipe break. After the city fixed it they placed these cones out. I didn't think anything about it until we walked out the other day and she said, "Look, Nanny! Frank Frank has giant carrots in his yard!" Ha! Giant carrots. Oh, and Frank Frank is what Alex calls our neighbor Frank, and now our whole family calls him that. Even my dad calls him that! So here's a pic of the girls pretending to eat the giant carrots, which is what they do every time we walk past.
When Oak was really small, she just stared at you. Actually she just stared straight through you. So, TJ and I would say, "This special moment brought to you by..."
When I took this picture, that was the captioning I first thought of.
I'm very lucky to be a part of all of these special moments.

No comments: