Friday, January 20, 2012

Christmas and New Years

Here's what we gave the neighbors and friends for Christmas this year. I show you this to tell you a funny story.
It's a roll of toilet paper hung by some ribbon, decorated and with this saying on it...
"There's one room in the house that's usually slighted, when decorations are hung and candles are lighted. So hang this wreath on the bathroom door to mark the spot and add decor,"
So Mike and I drive around to deliver these together, and about 3 times Mike would get in the car and say, "They sure got a kick out of that." or "They said it was so you!" and some of the people had the nerve to say that to my face..."So cute! Should have known you would do something like that!" And then when we got home, there's a message on our machine. "I know you're still out delivering the wreaths, but I had to call and tell you how funny I thought that gift was. Natalie, that is so you! I will think of you every time I go in the bathroom now."
So, how do I take this? I even asked Mike, "What do they mean 'this is so me?' and his reply?
"It means you're a butt wipe!"
Good thing I didn't take that offensively. We actually laughed for about 1/2 an hour!! And we still use that line when appropriate. (And don't forget about my post earlier where I said I've wiped way too many butts in my lifetime. So, I am literally a butt wipe!)
Anyway, it added some fun to our holidays. I didn't take too many pictures during the holidays, but here is a gift of love from TJ and B.
A new mirror for my bathroom!! TJ broke my other one, but that's ok because I love this one so much more!!
Someone told me I don't have any pics of me on here, so here's my pic. I sent this to Mike on his phone and said, "Here I am lying in the sun like a dog." It sure felt good. At the time we had an icky inversion and the sun was no where to be found until this day. And I had been sick for weeks with a sinus infection, so laying down in the sun felt warm and comfy. Too bad it only lasted about 10 minutes - both the chance to lay down and the sun shining!
This isn't a very good picture, but we lit some fireworks on New Year's Eve. It was a quiet night; dinner with C, K and Mo (a tradition of fondue and junk food), watched a movie then lit a few fireworks. Our neighbors across the street joined in, then we went in and were in bed before midnight. I got my New Year's kiss, rolled over and slept sweetly.
Happy 2012. May we all find joy especially in times when sorrow and worry seems deep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I miss you Natalie!! I love that picture of you!