Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Check it out!!

It's been a while. OK. Far too long! I found when I got behind I wanted to catch up; put pics up, tell about our summer... But then I would be overwhelmed and know I didn't have the time to do all that. So, I'm just starting fresh and if I have a few extra minutes, I will share some past events.
The newest happening in our home - Mike is no longer Bishop of our ward!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes! I am happy. And the pictures on Alex's weekly calendar below will help explain why;
Here is a typical week for a Bishop's family. Sunday, church. Monday - Friday I babysit (picture of kids), Mike goes to work (motorcycle), and Alex has school (bus). Then you'll notice the picture of a suit on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evening as well as Saturday morning. Those represent times Mike had something churchy to do. Yes, all 4 days. Now some weeks weren't this busy, but it was more often than not most nights and some time on Saturday.
Now, this is our week this week! Same start; church on Sunday. I still babysit kids Monday - Friday, Mike has work Monday - Friday, Alex only has school Monday - Wednesday this week, and we are going out to a restaurant on Tuesday night, but notice....no suits!!! We get Mike all to ourselves in the evening. Oh, the plans that have been made and put off... no more!
Now, I'm not complaining. Please don't get me wrong. It WAS NOT a horrible thing for Mike to be Bishop. Even when he was gone a lot, we knew why he was gone and knew that was where he should be. We always were comforted as well as taken care of while he was gone. There is a season for everything, and that was our season to share Mike with the ward members and support him while he tended to their needs. But we do like having him home more! No hiding that fact!!
Now, I promise to keep up on blogging. OK, Lou and Tij.... your turn!!

No comments: