Wednesday, October 27, 2010

ANGEL 5 / 01 - 10 / 10

Angel Girl. Devil Woman. No matter what you called her, she loved you!

Our sweet dog died on Saturday. We noticed about a week before that she wasn't eating, and she went very quickly from there. The vet said she probably had cancer. At the end she was having trouble breathing, she was constantly throwing up, she couldn't walk on her own, and she even stopped drinking.
Even though this is a little blurry, this is one of my favorite pics of Angel. She LOVED the snow. She would go out with me when I shoveled and just bury her face then throw the snow up in the air with her nose. She then would find the deepest point and just lay there until she was completely covered. Saturday night, as Mike and I were reminiscing - OK. bawling - we both brought up how much she loved snow and that we loved this picture.
We woke up at 3 am to snow!! Angel's doing? We like to think so.





She was fantastic with the kids. Here she is helping Oakland one of the first times Oak had solid foods. She NEVER nipped or growled at them, even near the end.

Now my angel grandson has a puppy to play with. An Angel.

1 comment:

Colin and Ranie said...

Oh man. You got me crying again. What is with all the death this month? Your favorite photo didn't post so I'll have to come see it. Love Angel. Love you.