Sunday, June 28, 2009

A boy of very little brains!

Picture this; a beautiful, Sunday evening, Mike and I are out talking to neighbors on the sidewalk. Alex comes out from inside the house holding a paper towel covered in blood!

ME: Oh no! What happened?

ALEX: (tears start now) It hurts real bad!!

ME: I'm sure it does. Where are you bleeding?

ALEX: (sticks out tongue - tip of his tongue bleeding profusely) It hurts real bad!!

ME: How did you do that?

ALEX: On the spice.

ME: On the spice? Come show me.

Alex brought me in the house, and shows me the ice tray sitting on the counter with a piece of his tongue stuck to a piece of ice.

ALEX: (tears start all over again!!) It hurts real bad!!

Now tell me....how is it possible to laugh at the circumstance and still hurt deep down for this cute, little boy??

4 comments:

Joosten said...

Natalie, I am so sorry, but I laughed so hard that I choked when I read this!! Alex is so dang cute!! Thanks for sharing!!!
Sherilyn

Cali Hinckley said...

Oh my- I have to tell you that I laughed really hard too! I can totally imagine all of that happening and it sounds so hilarious!! poor kid...At least he won't do that again.

Jen said...

Aaawww...that is a sad story! Kinda funny too! :)

Colin and Ranie said...

Yikes! That makes me hurt. Poor thing.