Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Untitled....

I didn't know what to put as a title for this post, because I'm sure I will just ramble.

So much going through my head and my heart. Worry for my friends who are battling cancer. Fright for their families. Anxiety for those that don't know what they're battling! Anger at the mom who ran away before giving birth to the child some relatives were going to adopt. Concern and sorrow for those same relatives. Anxiousness (is that a word?) for Alex as he deals with pneumonia - AGAIN!! Pride, yet fear for Mike starting his new job. Emptiness, just because.

But not alone. I have so many people that I can turn to for peace. I was going to write friends instead of people in that last sentence, but that doesn't seem like a good enough classification. And to say family is a given. I have the BEST family in the world. Both extended and close family.

I just wrote an e-mail to Alex's birth dad. What an inspiring young man. Fighting drug addiction at a very young age. Becoming a dad at a very young age. Deciding to become someone, again at a very young age. He did more in his short life than I've ever dreamed. But the greatest thing - in my mind- that he did was allow Alex to be adopted, yet continue to live his life in such a way that he could become a person that his son's adopted family would grow to love and respect. He's not only raising 4 beautiful children with his sweet wife, but he keeps in touch with us about Alex, and I know he truly cares about him.

I guess I'm just in one of those contemplative moods. It's not a bad thing. But kinda funky nonetheless.

For those of you who are LDS, I'm sure you've heard the song, "From Gods Arms, to my Arms, to Yours" by Michael McLean. I love this song. I loved it even before we adopted. Just a beautiful message. Well, I truly believe that for those that adopt, the children just had to make a pit stop into the birth family's lives before merging into the family that raises them.

Just The Same by Diana Lynn Lacey
Sometimes-
God sends rain
Straight from the sky
To nourish the young flower
and it grows.

Sometimes-
God sends rain from the sky
To the mountaintops,
Then over hills and through valleys
Until it reaches the flower
and it grows. Just the same.

Sometimes-
God sends a child
Straight from His realm
Into a mother's arms
and love grows.

Sometimes-
God sends a child
From heaven to another's arms,
Then over hills and through valleys
Until he reaches the arms of his mother
and love grows, just the same.

I love all 4 of my children, whether I gave birth to them or not. I'm so blessed to have them in my lives, and to know my 3 grandchildren as well as I do. I wish I knew Mac a little better, but I will get the chance to know him in the next life if I live as I should. He gives me reason to be better, that's for sure!! And those two, rascally little girls? Well, I'm so proud to be their Nanny and so lucky to babysit them everyday. They make me laugh, they make me smile.

Thanks for reading my mindless rambling. I hope you got something out of it other than craziness!! But what else would you expect from me?!?

1 comment:

Mommason Hillary said...

Just kinda love you girl... you are amazing and real....