Thursday, March 17, 2011

I can't complain

You know, sometimes you feel sorry for yourself and think, "Life sucks!" And then you get slapped upside the head with reality, and realize that life is actually very incredible.

First of all, it's such a miracle. A miracle that 2 tiny things like an egg and sperm could actually connect and then grow and develop into precious human beings. Amazing. And a miracle. And then for that mush of a human to become a maniac that runs around your house avoiding a diaper change. Amazing. Think about it... even the fact that our bodies can create and excrete what is in said diaper is amazing. And a miracle.

I haven't felt sorry for myself. I've actually been blessed with comfort while Mike was looking for a job, and even more comfort with the job he has been offered. I've had some thoughts on Alex's behaviors that have helped me with my patience for him. I've enjoyed my life.

But I have watched others receive their slap upside the head, although it might be considered more a punch in the gut, and it's helped me realize, again, how wonderful our Heavenly Father is and how much He loves us. Even with trials, pain, suffering. Maybe I should say ESPECIALLY with trials, pain, suffering. All we have to do is ask for His guidance and protection, and we've got it.

So to all those who have been slapped, or punched lately, know that God lives and loves you. He understands your pain, your grief, your sorrow. You are very important to Him and His plan and you are NEVER alone.

You'll always have Him, and you'll always have prayers on your behalf.

2 comments:

6tucker said...

Some off us turn the other cheek and get smacked again.....but we love it. We love you Natalie.

Kat Erickson said...

When I sit down for my weekly Blog catch up and go through all of the Blogs that I love (yours included), I never know what I am going to get. I get excited to see updates on Families that I dont get to see very often. Babies growing, I copy and print Recipes and Home improvement Ideas that I have never thought of. This evening when I sat down to read I never though that I would get a reminder of something That I seem to be forgetting lately. Things have been less than exciting for us. Lately. I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to get pregnant for 3 1/2 yrs. Jason and I cant quite find out where we belong in the job world, Xander has been getting bullied at school. We have a daughter who I think is mostly possessed by the devil. Getting "punched in the gut" doesn't even feel like a proper description for our lives right now. Through everything we have gone through you would think we would remember that one thing.. Christ lives, God Loves, and all we have to do is remember that. It seems for me that I forget it when I need to remember it the most. Thanks for the Reminder.. I am in tears right now. Feeling so uplifted.. Thank you. I needed it tonight :)