Friday, January 28, 2011

What's up?

Other than trying to keep up with Taylor and her wedding plans, life around here has been same-old-same-old. That's ok with me. I don't like surprises anymore!

Mike is still on the look out for a job. He's doing everything he can to get his name to everyone, so if you know of someone in hiring mode, let us know!!

Another example of how we are watched over and so taken care of is this little guy in the picture below. He is our neighbor's little boy and a very good boy at that. I had volunteered to watch him if they needed me to while she was pregnant, but it was while Alex was going through surgery and body casts, so they took him to a center. Until a week before Mike got laid off - then they asked if I was still interested in watching him. He is such a good boy and I guess the only way I'm going to get blue eyed children around here is if I babysit them, so he hangs out with us Monday through Wednesday. You know we like him because he got a nick name the very first day he was here...


...say hello to Uncle Fester! Yup! Uncle Fester, or Fes for short. I hadn't told Taylor I would be babysitting him, so she comes home from work and notices this random child playing on the floor and asked, "What's with Uncle Fester in our living room?" It stuck. What can I say?

I guess we didn't have enough to worry about with the wedding coming up and Mike being out of work, so we all decided to get a cold. It's more because of the goopy air in the valley, but it's still disrupting sleep and making our noses itch!

Al has been hooked up to the breathing machine a few times a day to keep his lungs clear. I don't want him being sick on Taylor's wedding day! The rest of us will just bumble through it. But if we don't answer the phone, it may be because we are taking a nap. Yeah. Right! You think we're napping around here with 3 babies and Brendon? Not a chance.

I would like to thank all those who have helped us in so many ways. I'll probably start crying while writing this, but It's so important that everyone knows how grateful we are for them. I won't mention names, because I know these people wouldn't want the recognition, but please know we can't thank you enough for the food, the money and the support. Thank you!

No comments: