Friday, July 2, 2010

An Al update, and it's official!

Alex is doing really well. Yesterday he was pretty grumpy, but I'm sure he's stiff and sore, so I would probably be grumpy, too! He moves real slow and careful, but for that I'm grateful. I have him use a walker as much as possible, and we go today to be measured for his splint which I'm sure will help give him support and confidence. I know I've said it before, but he is amazing!!



And as far as the official proclamation ~ which may be of no surprise to anyone ~ I am an old lady!

And it has nothing to do with me being 49 years old!! (And if you question my age, how dare you!) It has to do with this sign I put on my door....

Growing up, and growing older I swore only grouchy, old people put this kind of sign on the door, and I would never do such a thing. Well, maybe I'm old, maybe I'm grouchy, but I now have one on my door!
This summer has been brutal with all the salespeople! At least one a day, and when you are taking care of 2 babies and a child with many needs after surgery, I don't appreciate the doorbell ringing just so I can tell them I'm not interested in their books, their vacuums or even their cleaner!
And you wouldn't believe how many people STILL try their luck. Unfortunately for them, I have turned them into frogs!!
I DARE you salespeople! This old, grouchy lady will take it no more!!

No comments: