Friday, April 23, 2010

A little more information

I just talked to the doctor about Alex. They are thinking his surgery will more than likely be Wednesday of next week. They will correct the deformity of his hip joint - which is the whole reason this didn't attach well the first time - then get a better fixation with screws and plates. He will be in a cast for a month and in the hospital for 3-5 days. I told him Alex was just recovering from pneumonia, and he told me that this is NOT an elective surgery and pneumonia would be near the bottom of the list of reasons to NOT do the surgery. Interesting.

Not a lot more information, but more nonetheless.

I'll keep updating as I get more news.

1 comment:

Joosten said...

Hang in there Natalie!! Let us know if you need anything! Good Luck with the surgery! We will keep Alex in our prayers!