Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A funny thing happened on our way to the forum...

Actually, we were going to Colby's and Kierra's house, not the forum. Which is a good thing because I'm not even sure what a forum is let alone where one would be located.

It was a beautiful, spring evening. Alex and Mike were enjoying a milkshake from Iceberg - our typical activity for Family Home Evening - and I was driving since I wasn't eating any. We were in a left turn lane, and stopped on a red arrow. We sat there for at least 4 minutes. I know that because at one point Mike said he was about to tease me for not turning, yet. He didn't realize our turn was on a red. And then we commented on how long the light was. It seemed to take forever!!

When all of a sudden a car coming the opposite direction slowed down and kind of swerved like she was coming for us, flashing on and off her lights! At first I thought, "Oh. I'm so sorry. I didn't realize I had my brights on." But then I thought, "What's your problem? It's still light outside. AND my brights aren't on." She moved back into her lane at the last minute - she being a woman at least in her mid 60's - had her window rolled down, her hand giving us the one-fingered-salute, and then she stopped next to us and SPIT on our car before driving off!

I'm not kidding! At first Mike and I just sat there. We looked at each other. We looked at the road. And then we just started laughing!! What the heck?! There's no way I could have 'insulted' her while driving because, well for one thing we were going opposite directions, and even if she had flipped a u-ee to come complain, I had been stopped at the light for 4 minutes! What's so offensive about that?

So there you have it. A grouchy, old lady and some milkshakes. Can't get a better Family Home Evening than that!

No comments: