Tuesday, April 13, 2010

JERK!!!


This is a statue at Larkin Cemetery in Sandy. Mac's grave is right behind this flower garden. Whoever the jerk is that beheaded Christ isn't just a sac religious person, but just plain mean! Who would behead a statue of Christ that is surrounded by babies who are now angels? Obviously this person, or people, don't know the comfort we get by visiting our loved ones and even though the statue wasn't my reason for the comfort, it still added a peace to our 'park.'
So to the jerk(s), you may have smashed some cement, but you will NEVER squash the spirit that is there. Hope it was worth it.

2 comments:

Mommason Hillary said...

Amen - I cried. He died for them too - sad.

Colin and Ranie said...

I know seriously. I saw it on the news last night and thought of poor Tonya, Mac and all the little babies he looks over. I know it is just a statue but that has been a landmark of the "park" since before even Tonya was there and it does bring peace and comfort. Total jerks. I will never understand what could posses someone to do something like that. Horrific. Arg.