Saturday, August 16, 2008

My Playlist...

So I feel the need to explain my playlist. Why? I don't know! But bear with me...

First of all, they're supposed to play randomly so you get a new one each time you stop by. (Again, thanks to TJ). So, I'll just pick randomly to tell you about them.

OPEN ARMS by JOURNEY; The absolute best, greatest, most fantastic love song ever written! I know the lead singer is butt-ugly, but when he sings, he sings to me. And anyone that knows me knows that that's what makes a great singer. Besides, it takes me back to the days Mike and I were falling in love....

BUBBLY by COLBIE CALLIET; (I think I spelled her name right.) Cute song that says what I feel about Mike. "It starts at my toes, makes me crinkle my nose...." Besides, how could I not love a singer's name who very closely resembles 2 of my own children's names.

GRACE KELLY by MIKA; I love Mika's songs, and this is the first one I fell in love with. He just makes me happy. And after all the weight I've gained from comfort food the past few months I especially love his Big Girls song. You should check out some of his songs if you like this one.

HARD TO SAY I'M SORRY by CHICAGO; Another song that reminds me of my honey. Chicago could be considered 'our band' in a way, and this is a great love song that ends with spunk!

ABBA; I don't even know what song I have of theirs. I just love their music!! Reminds me of the good old days. (Saw Mama Mia the other day.... if you like their music, and if you go to it knowing the movie is supposed to be funny, you'll love it!!)

SHORT PEOPLE; Don't know who the artist is, but you all know how annoying those short people can be!! :)

YOU'LL BE IN MY HEART by PHIL COLLINS; This one is mine and Alex's song. The first time we took Alex to a movie at the theaters (Tarzan) he was scared to death of the dark and the loud speakers. I took him out and came into the theater very, very slowly. By the time we were sitting back down, he was holding onto my neck, staring into my eyes with our noses touching and this song came onto the movie. It was one of those 'spiritual' experiences I can't explain, but if you listen to the words and think about Alex (being a new member of our family, having Down Syndrome so he's 'different') you will hear the song in a different way.

Hope you like these songs. I'm sure we'll dd to them eventually. These were just the first ones that popped into my head! Thanks for letting me ramble!!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I'm so glad you decided to do a blog. It will be so fun to see what's going on over at your house on a more regular basis...yea!! How does it feel to only have 1 child left in the house? If you need some company, I'll bring mine over:) Great choice in songs, by the way. Of course, that's just another thing you & Mike have in common!

Erin said...

Welcome to the addictive world of blogging! :) I love the family picture you have posted as your header. You guys are such an amazing family and I'm so glad we've been able to get so close to you guys through little Mac.