Thursday, September 5, 2013

Counting my blessings...

Enough of the blues!  No more whining and complaining.  I'm gonna pull up my big girl panties and tell you some things that make me happy! 


Yup!  This little girl's Papa makes me happy, too.  Funny thing is, I had to make sure and not put her face in the pic because she was crying.  But she loves her Papa, and I love him, too and he makes me so very, very happy!


 
 
Turtles.  Why not?  They make me happy.  It's so fun to watch how the kids react to a turtle.  This turtle lives in Brandon and Taylor's front yard.  He's lived there for 40+ years!  He's survived many kids loving him and feeding him, and I hope he lasts another 40!
 
 

 Castles.  Especially castles with a porta potty in the front yard...
 
The castle and this cute pic of me and Al are actually at a dinner and dance provided by a company in Heber.  They served us turkey legs - each and every one of us, along with a buffet of salads and rolls and desserts.  They have this party every year for people with special needs and we crashed the party!  It was a lot of fun and I'm so grateful for people like this company who give people with special needs an opportunity to have fun.  Especially at a castle with a porta potty!!  Pure happiness.


 
Conveniences.  I could make a list a mile long about this.  The button on the car keys so it unlocks, locks the doors or even opens them...  can openeners... socks... make-up, make-up remover... paper towels...
 These are pictures of Taylor mowing with C and me getting ready to edge with N.  Taylor and Brandon hosted a baby shower for Cali, Josh, O and baby CR.  They did such a good job and things worked out beautifully, even though it down-poured for 2 hours right before the shower was supposed to start.  But this was us the day before sprucing up their yard.... 
...and this is Taylor holding CR, Cali and I under Taylor and Brandon's patio the night of the shower.  It was a great night, with good friends and a special occasion to celebrate!  Happiness!!

Ducks and geese.  Wheeler Farm - the fact that it's FREE! 
 
The sound the geese make when they are so happy to see us!  The sound the kids make when the geese are getting a little too close!
And the bravery of this one goose who allowed N to pet him for a good solid minute.  Until she decided to smack him on the beak.  Yeah.  Even that made me smile!


Kisses....
 ...and hugs and cuddles.  I am so blessed to be able to see my grandkids often!  And I steal all the kisses, hugs and cuddles I can!
 
 
 Come on!  Cute, old men!  How can they NOT make you happy?!  So, this isn't an old man, but he sure is pulling off the old man look in this pic.  What I want to know is, why are old men cute and old women aren't?  Don't deny it!  It's true!!
 


 Rainbows!!  And double rainbows make you giggle!
 
 Ummm...  ???
 
A went through a faze where she put on any piece of clothing she could find; hence the swimming diaper around her ankle.  And N is in the car seat, so A HAD to kiss her.  Even the random "Ummm"s make me so happy!
 Smiles.  Giggles.  Laughs.  Guffaws. 
Yup.  All on my happy list...
 And I will end this list with a beautiful sunset.  This picture doesn't do it justice, but the sun this night was blood red!  Too many wild fires about, but it made for a gorgeous evening! 
 
And last but not least, I have to thank my Heavenly Father for all of these blessings, for I know that all I have, or all I will ever receive is because of Him.  Even comfort;  when I was so down about  - well, a lot of things - I sat in church trying not to cry and just opened the Hymn book to read to calm my heart.  The book opened to hymn number 110.  I didn't know the tune so I couldn't sing it in my head, but the words were of such comfort and peace;
 
CAST THY BURDEN UPON THE LORD
Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee.  He never will suffer the righteous to fall.  He is at thy right hand.  Thy mercy, Lord, is great and far above the heavens.  Let none be made ashamed that wait upon thee.
 
 
So, look around and see the glories that we have been blessed with.  Smile.  Hug.  Pet a goose or hold a turtle.  Read a hymn.  Whatever it takes, find that happy place and hold on tight!!!
 
 
 


1 comment:

Colin and Ranie said...

...and YOU! You are such a blessing in so many peoples lives, including mine. Especially right now! ;) Thank you for being so wonderful, kind, funny, silly and beautiful. Love you girl!