Monday, November 12, 2012

Alex the Great!

I'm thinking that should be Alex's wrestling name!

Al started practice with the wrestling team this past week.  He did such an amazing job!  I was impressed with his tenacity, his endurance and his excitement over being on the team.  I was equally as impressed with the integrity of the coaches and other team mates and how they involved Alex in everything they did.



It's kind of hard to see in these pictures, but Al is in the center of both of them.  The top one is just him stretching with the other guys.  He's the one in the jazz jersey and white shorts, almost dead center of the picture.  And the bottom one is a feel-good picture; the team had started at the end I'm standing at to take the picture doing the crab walk.  Alex was one of the first ones to start out, but obviously everyone passed him, but they are all waiting on the other side for him to finish.  And what you don't see (hear) is all the cheering the guys are doing to get Alex to "keep going!"  It's fun to watch the other team mates.  They have been patient, but pushing.  Supportive, but strong.  And the coaches?  Well, let's just say those big lugs have brought this mom to tears a couple of times, just with the simple fact that they are allowing him to try out, but also with how they have involved him so heavily in the practices.  I know the boys on the team wouldn't be so supportive and accepting if the coaches weren't.

Mike and I are both Beetdiggers; all of Al's siblings and almost all of his aunts and uncles are Beetdiggers, and now my Baby Beet...I am so proud to say we are Beetdiggers!

I'm hoping to take some decent pictures this week and will make sure to post them, so look again later to see Alex the Great in action!

No comments: