Tuesday, September 18, 2012

N's accomplishments

N is now not only a kiddo I babysit, but an un-official grandchild!  She is so loved in this house, and not just by me, but everyone that comes here!  TJ has been known to come over JUST to see her and the 'official' granddaughters think of her as family, too.  Her picture is even up on my piano with the other grand children's. 

So I have to shout my praise for her! She has accomplished so much since her heart surgery in December (2011). She rolls around EVERYWHERE! I have had to put the gate up by the stairs because she is fast, too. She's starting to get on all fours and is getting stronger and stronger everyday. She is still G-tube fed, but she is getting more and more nutrients by mouth! She is trying so many new foods and is being a real trooper about different tastes and textures. And I think she is enjoying it, too. Take a look at these pics and tell me what you think?

I have licorice!
 
 Don't even think about taking my licorice away!
 
 

 First try of spaghetti...


 
 
 


 
...and she likes it!!  (She actually loved it!)
 
You may notice how messy she is.  That's my doing and I wouldn't change a thing.  I am a firm believer in letting kids be messy, gooey, sloppy and dirty.  In fact, I've been known to make them messy, gooey, sloppy and dirty if they won't do it to themselves.  I think that getting dirty - especially around the mouth, helps a child be more aware of their bodies.  When a child licks their lips or wipes their lips to try to get the mess off, they feel - and realize - they have lips and teeth and a mouth just like mom and dad.  It just gives them more of an opportunity to discover.... life!!
 
So, go let your kids be messy today.  And if that's a hard thing for you to do, let them play with pudding in the tub.  Then all you have to do is turn on the water and squirt everything down!
 
Great job, N!!


1 comment:

Cali Hinckley said...

Yay for N!! She is getting so big. Does Brig have your blog so she can see all the cute N pictures?