Sunday, August 14, 2011

Hollywood, Baby!!

My sister has a really cool job. She is the media director (I think that's the official name) for advertisement with Sorensen Communication. (They make communication possible for the Deaf community, such as video phones in the community) Anyway, she used my parent's home for one of their most recent ads. I ventured out with all the kids, and we scoped things out.

Nothing REALLY exciting, but it was weird to see this big light in the backyard.

The catering! Yeah. They really cater to the crew.

This is my parent's living room. Well, most of it is. The guy, the sheet on the window and the big movie light aren't usually in there.

I got to have my picture taken with THE star!! Anthony! The kids weren't impressed, they just wanted out of the stroller at this point.

And here's my parent's poor, dejected dogs - Goliath and Tinker. They got ostracized to my house for the few days of filming, and they actually enjoyed it, but I got this picture where they look so mournful, I had to use it! That was my donation to the filming... dog sitting!!
http://www.sorensonvrs.com/ntouch go to this link to see their house in 'action'. The living room is theirs, and the kitchen is theirs. My dad wishes the office was his!
http://www.sorensonvrs.com/ntouchvp_product ... that's my dad's workshop!! My dad is much better looking, though. And a little secret of the trade; that man didn't really make that doll house. Actually one of the producers did (a girl did it!)
Anyway, cool stuff. My parent's house is famous!!!
I grew up around people who are Deaf - yes, my sister is profoundly Deaf - and it is different, but I don't know it's different until it's pointed out to me. We grew up signing, and sometimes it feels like it's my first language; I think in sign. But my mom is the only one in the whole family that is a skilled signer. My sister lived out of state for 10 years, and we weren't vigilant at using sign language while she was gone, and you know what they say, "Use it or lose it!" But I love my sister very much and am very proud of her talents and compassion for others.

No comments: