Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I suck!

I just went to a friend's blog. Such beautiful videos and posts there. Some made me laugh, some made me cry, and some just made me think.


I say 'a friend's blog' but I haven't been a very good friend. In fact, I suck. I've been very selfish with my time and energy. You could say I have every right to with all that has happened in the last month, but this friend - these friends because I'm counting her husband - were there for me. Their 2009 wasn't easier than mine. In fact, it would be VERY fair to say it was 10 times harder. But. They. Were. There. For. Me.


And it's not just that I wasn't a good listening ear. I talked to some family members and a friend about some very private things they trusted me with. It doesn't matter why I did it. At the time I had good intentions - it wasn't to spread rumors. But they trusted me, and I misused that trust. I was wrong.


I am sorry.


I'm sorry if I've ever offended you in any way. Or not listened when you needed to talk. Or talked when I should have shut up. Please know that I am sorry if anything I have ever said or done has hurt you. I may be a lot of things, but I don't intentionally mean to be a jerk. But obviously, I sometimes am.

Now, don't comment to this blog. Instead, take a minute to think of the people in your life that mean the most and tell them how much you love them. If you know you have wronged them, please try to make amends.


It's hard to say I'm sorry, but it's even harder to lose a friend.

No comments: