Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Alex update

I have great news!! I see improvement in Alex!!

On Sunday we were at my brother's house for his birthday, and Alex found a toy gun that he wanted to borrow. Shaun (my brother) was quick on his feet and said, "Alex, if you walk to the front door with no help, I will GIVE you that gun!" Now back up a little bit, and Alex has been using the walker more than the wheelchair, but was still not walking by himself. After ten minutes of bribing and cajoling, Alex walked across the living room and to the front door with no help!! It was ugly, and he did stop and grab people along the way, but he did it!! I was so impressed!

I sent him to school yesterday with only the walker, and he made it through the whole day and when he came home he didn't complain about pain anymore than he had other days. This morning his knee was pretty stiff, but one thing I noticed was he was laying on his side when I went to wake him up. That's been unheard of since this whole thing began! He has been flat on his back with towels under his knee to keep it bent, and not moved from this position all night! Even when we tried to help roll him over, just to give him a different way to sleep, he couldn't do it because it hurt too bad. But last night he was able to roll onto his side, obviously with no help.

Thanks for everyone's prayers. I know we are being blessed with support from so many people. Thank you so much! His MRI is scheduled for October 29 - we'll find out much more then!!

No comments: