Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Happy 7 month birthday McKallister!

I can't believe you would be 7 months old! It seems (and still hurts) like you were born yesterday, but it also seems like an eternity. I still think about you often, and I know I'm not alone. Both Papa Joe and I knew from the minute we woke up that it was your birthday. And I know your parents have been thinking about you, too... as well as all the Hinckleys, Maughans, Mowers... I could go on and on. Your life has been a powerful influence on soooo many people that I know they all think of you often.

At this stage of life you would be showing us your personality. I really don't think with your parents genes you could have possibly been shy, so I definitely imagine you a character, a tease, and very happy. I think your hair would stand up all over the place like your dad's, but I'm pretty sure you would look more and more like your mom. Of course, you would have been ultra smart. How could you not be with me as a babysitter? And Granny Goose would be right there with me helping you become a smart little man.

I think you'd be a watcher. I say that because I definitely feel your presence helping all of us through this time, and if you're doing that from heaven, you would have done it here. Thanks for that support by the way. I think it has helped us all cope.

Now, go get a big birthday hug from all your relatives. Say hi for me, too, OK? And know that if you were here, my hug would be the biggest one ever! I love you, Mac. Be good.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Hey Natalie,
This is Nikki Souter (Petersen). I just have to tell you that you are the cutest little grandma ever!!! I admire your strength and your cute personality that goes along with it. Cali and Josh are so blessed to have such an amazing family to support them. I miss being in Susan circle with you all, but just know I think about you all constantly and you are always in my prayers! Thanks for being you!