Friday, September 5, 2008

'How to survive Lasik surgery' STARRING Mike





First you cuddle your teddy bear.... this is the most important step of the whole process...














... next allow a stranger to cut your eye with this 'cookie cutter' contraption...



... then scrape the lens off your eye with another sharp object...




... now that your eye is 'naked' , have the stranger apply extreme heat in the form of lasers to your eye. Yes, your eye looks dull and dead, but, hey, you're paying this stranger to do this, so....









... once the laser has blasted your eye, allow the stranger to lay your lens back down over your eye. He uses that white thing to push your lens down and make sure the lens has no folds in it...





...go home looking like a complete dweeb, but able to see dweeby self in the mirror...

















... two weeks later go back to said stranger's office for an eye exam. Find out you have 20 / 20 vision!! ...
...be so grateful for things like small print, beautiful sunsets, and a knowledge that you still love your wife even though you can now see her first thing in the morning!!




3 comments:

Cali Hinckley said...

YAH DAD!!! whoo hoo...I'm so excited that you can see now- though it's a little weird since no one can probably ever remember you not having to wear glasses or apply contacts every morning. I'm glad that everything went well and am super excited for you. Mom- honestly, Dad got the best women around. I bet that he is 100% grateful that he can see you first thing in the morning- he's been missing out on some amazing bed head!

Kalyn said...

Mike I love the new LOOK! I bet it is amazing! And yes, Cali I don't ever remember your Dad without glasses. Have fun with that! That's awesome! It is amazing what we can do these days isn't it?

Emily said...

Congrats Mike!! You are the only other person in the world that I know that was as blind as me. I guess I'm a loner now:) I would give anything to be able to open my eyes at night & in the morning & actually see what's an inch in front of me...I'm happy for you! Love the eye shields:)