Monday, September 8, 2014

I haven't forgotten you, my dear friend BLOG!

Wow.  In March I wrote that it had been far too long, and now it's September and this is the first I've sat down to write. 

I do have a confession to make.  Part of the reason my blog has been suffering is I hurt someone's feelings with a post I wrote, and that hurt me incredibly!  I didn't mean to hurt this person, but I can see how what I said may have caused tender feelings.  But on the flip side of that, I blog as a way to vent my feelings, so it's been hard to sit down and write down my feelings worrying that I will offend someone. 

So...  fresh start!!  I will still express my feelings and I hope that everyone who has an interest in reading them will just know that I don't mean them to offend or criticize.  I just need a safe place to share my feelings.

The other reason for my lack of interest in blogging is it seemed so overwhelming!!  It's like laundry;  you get behind and it just seems impossible to catch up!  I have so many pictures I want to share, and so many cute stories or happenings in my life that I've missed writing down.  And the thought of taking a few hours to catch up just doesn't seem possible.  So, I'm not going to catch up.  At least not completely.  I will let you know some goings on in my life, but some of the other stuff will just have to wait.  And maybe another time I will put a few 'fillers' in here and there!

George - still loving working at Memorial Estates and doing a fantastic job!  I'm so glad he finally enjoys what he's  doing.  He's also the second counselor in our Stake presidency, which keeps him hopping.  But he's hopping with some fine gentlemen and I'm so glad they are the leaders in our stake.

Colby's family - well, Kierra quit her job and is a stay at home mom and also babysitting the other 2 kiddos I was watching!!  M has started kindergarten and is taking gymnastics and piano lessons and A is going to come to a pre-school type class I work in, and loves having mommy around more often.   Colby still works for the same company, but is looking to change.

Cali's family - Josh is still building big water tank thingy's, Cali is loving life staying home with her 2 little onesO  is back in pre-school and taking gymnastics, and CR is working up the courage to try to walk by himself.  Recently Cali and Josh were able to meet the first responders who helped out when she was so sick!  An awesome day!  Check out her link for details.

Taylor's family - Brandon loves working in finance and I think has decided not to become a lawyer, but to continue schooling in finance.  Taylor works a few hours a day but gets to spend the rest of her day with her little Ch who is a sweet, precocious, smart little human being! 

All my grandkids absolutely amaze me!!!  I remember feeling this way watching my kids grow up.  And now I'm so proud of how well they are raising their own kids!

Alex - started his senior year in high school, baby!!!!  Him and I got to go to Oregon with my parents, and my brother and his family this summer and had a great time!!  It was to celebrate my parent's 50th wedding anniversary, but we were the lucky ones to enjoy the trip with them!  Beautiful country, and great family fun!! 

Alex has also struggled a bit lately with his health.  He's gained a lot of weight these past few years;  partly because of his hip surgery, partly because of some of the meds he's on, and partly because the hormones have kicked in and with people with Down Syndrome, they unfortunately most of the time gain weight.  Well, because of this his lungs aren't working like they should.  His oxygen sats are normally at 88.  Anything below 90 is not good.  We're working on it, but he really hates wearing oxygen.  And it's really hard to get that kid to move fast enough to get his heart rate going to try to lose weight.  Long process, but we're in it together!!!

Me - obviously I'm not babysitting anymore!  I've picked up a few more hours at work but get to be home with Alex, which has been nice since he's had a bad cold which has made the oxygen sats even worse!!  I also got called to be the Young Women's President in our ward.  That means I'm over the girls ages 12 - 18 that live in our area for Sunday services as well as weekly activities.  I'm so excited to work with the women I have been called with and am hoping we can keep the activity level up so we can have a good sized group!

So, lots of changes.  Lots of new things.  But not much to report. 

That's ok.  At least I'm here.

I'm happy, and I'm here!!

1 comment:

Cali Hinckley said...

So glad you are happy and here! Love that you are back... and by that I mean- keep blogging!!!!