Thursday, January 10, 2013

Another wrestling match! Another win!

Tonight was a match against West Jordan - where a lot of his cousins have attended or are attending so Alex had a whole bunch of people there just for him.
 
I apologize it's not the whole match, again.  I borrowed Colby's video camera and I had a tough time getting used to it and I recorded a bunch of short clips instead of the whole match.  And now the blog is constipated when I try to download more than one of the clips. 
 
A few things to know;  first of all this was not his best match.  In one of the videos you hear me telling my sister in law that this morning Alex's sugars were 21;  if you know anything about diabetes he shouldn't have been able to function tonight, let alone wrestle.  So you can tell he doesn't have a lot of energy, and personally it was hard to watch.  But he insisted he was going to wrestle tonight, and wrestle he did!  In fact, his coach saw me and one of his teachers helping him out to the car after his seizure this morning (he has mild ones with such low sugars) and Alex looked him straight on and said, "I'll be there to the game tonight!"  Coach just smiled and said, "I'm sure you will be buddy.  Just take care of business first!"
 
And notice the arm gesture Alex does at the beginning of the match.  He just made that up tonight and now the rest of the team has adopted it.  If they win, they raise their arms up into an X.  They are great guys!  That's them chanting his name a few times in the video.  I asked Alex where he got that gesture or what it means, but he couldn't tell me. 
 
Alex has another match next week - his last official meet. I will try to take better video next week and post it as well.  You will see a big difference in his strength.  Hopefully!  His sugars have been so bizarre I can't promise anything!! (During and the week after Christmas break Al's sugars were averaging 450 no matter how much insulin I gave him and these past few days I can't get his sugars above 50 no matter how much sugar or carbs I give him.)
 
I want to thank my family for all their support!  We have had so many people able to come watch some meets this season, and I hope the coaches will be willing to allow him to be on the team again next year.
 
Go Team Alex!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: