Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Recent doings....

Once again, just some pictures of what has been going on lately...

 
 This is Ash being held by one of my nieces, Berklee.  Her and her sister, Abbie, came over to babysit Cali and the kids while I took Alex to a doctor appointment.  They are fantastic babysitters!  I took this pic because Ash's hair is crazy!!!

 Colby will be having hernia surgery soon and will be on a non-meat and bread diet for a while, so he asked us all to come with him to Tuscanos (meat, meat, meat!) for lunch.  Starting on the left and going around is Kierra (with her back to the camera - she hates pictures to be taken!),  Mo, Cali, Colby, Alex, TJ, and Brandon.  George went to the temple with a friend and Josh and Oak were jeeping.  Even though we didn't have the whole family, it was still great food, and the servers are very good looking!
 I had ordered a lemonade, which they served with a flask full and a cup of ice.  Alex's drink only came in a cup and he felt jipped.  We asked if he could have a flask of diet drink and a cup of ice.  Obviously Alex doesn't need the cup of ice!!  (I'd like to see you try to drink with your tongue out like Al does!!)
N is sitting by herself now!!  She taught herself how to do this.  She has gotten really good at pushing up on her hands while on her stomach, and one day she decided to just swing her legs forward and
wa-la!  She's sitting!

 Oak was showing N her new mermaid barbie doll and I thought it was cute so I took this picture, then I laughed when I actually looked at it.  Notice how Oak is sitting?  It's a pet peeve of mine.  It's called W sitting, and working in special ed I have never allowed any of my kids to sit this way (it's really bad on the hip joints).  Oak has a mind of her own.  It doesn't matter how many times I have told her to "fix her legs" she continues to W sit.  So notice N is sitting correctly, and Oak isn't!  But it's still a really cute picture!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Let her w-sit! I sit like this all the time. It is very comfortable and relaxing.