Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Alex's first school dance

I got a phone call the other day from a girl that has gone to the same schools as Alex since first grade.  She wanted to know if it would be OK if she asked him to their high school's Valentine Dance.  Of course I said, "YES!"
 
A few days later we found this on our porch....
 
 (the bananas had letters on them to spell out the name of the girl who asked him)

It's been fun to watch his little brain process all of this.  For instance, we went to take his "answer" to her house and he couldn't figure out why I wasn't making him dress up since he was just in a t-shirt and pajama bottoms! I don't know if he thought the dance was tonight or what, but it has been fun to see how he's handling it. 
 
Here is how he answered her....

Inside the pinata was candy and some crumpled up pieces of paper, on one of which he had written YES and signed his name.  So she had to open the piñata and then go through all the papers to find the one that he had written on.
 
The dance is in a few weeks.  I will take lots of pics and do a post afterward with all the details!! 
 
My baby is going on his first date!  

No comments: