Friday, June 17, 2011

WARNING! Do not read if you hate discussing bodily functions!!

Meet big kidney stones...



...and bigger kidney stone...



...and HOLY COW kidney stone!!




Yes. I have given birth to 5 stones. Gross as it may seem to you to not only 'catch' my stones, but to take a picture of them, it's the only satisfaction I have for the pain I went through. Don't let anyone tell you - especially if you're a man that has had stones - that it isn't as bad as labor. Bull!! It's ten times worse because there's no time in between contractions. It's just a bad, 5 hour long contraction! AND you don't get a cute kiddo out of the agony. All you get are these ugly things, and a list of foods you should avoid because your body creates stones. And of course my list of foods are all my favorites; every berry imaginable, chocolate, tomatoes, cucumbers, nuts (even peanut butter). So, I won't ever eat again just so I don't get a kidney stone!!

About a month ago, I thought I was starting a kidney infection. I get them a lot, so just took my antibiotic I always have laying around just for that and went about my life. A few days later, realized it was a stone, but I wasn't in pain, just uncomfortable. Two days ago, the pain was a little more intense. I was still functional, but probably a little on the ornery side. You know how it is when you just don't feel GOOD so you're a little irritable? That was me. But as the day wore on, the pain got worse and worse until all I could do is cry. The ER said I only had one stone, so this must have broken up into smaller pieces, but I am soooo glad this is over with!

No comments: